Wednesday 14 September 2011

Crazy things happen to realtors too!

I was doing some research on properties in my own neighborhood, and happened to pull a property profile for my own house--lo & behold--I don't own my own house!!!!
The title was recorded in someone else's name and had transferred--unbeknownst to me--
almost 7 months ago!!!
I freaked out!
How could this be?
I got on the phone and called my title rep, Greg Lane, from Lawyer's Title--the John Aaroe Group affiliate. I'm sure he sensed my panic, and calmly said, don't worry--these mistakes happen all the time--I'll check on it and get back to you as soon as possible.
He called and emailed me a very short time later, explaining that the oil & mineral rights for my property (which I know I did not own--as is not uncommon) had transferred in March, and the mistakenly recorded the property--instead of just the oil & mineral rights!
He assured me he would get it resolved right away--so I can now breathe a sigh of relief!
A-- so glad I just happened to check on my own property...
B--so glad to have a knowledgeable professional like Greg (of Lawyer's Title)--wjo I could call on immediately--and have him allay my fears, and take care of the mistake!
Thank you, Greg!--and Lawyer's Title!

No comments:

Post a Comment